What do I need to bring with me?
- Good walking boots or shoes, preferably with ankle support
- Day pack or overnight pack to carry your water bottle, clothing and personal items (we can hire day packs on request at the time of booking)
- Drink bottle filled with water
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent, and hat
- Layers of clothing e.g. woollen or polypropylene T-shirt, long-sleeved sweater, and waterproof jacket (& changes of clothing for overnight treks)
- Long, lightweight trousers are recommended (not jeans)
- Swimsuit and towel (for the hot pool dip after the trek)
- Camera, video camera, binoculars
- Torch (for overnight treks)
Where can I be picked up from?
We can pick you up from most accommodation places in Rotorua, or from the Department of Conservation Office in Murupara. In some instances (e.g. for larger groups or private groups) we may be able to pick up from Taupo or Whakatane but there may be an additional charge. Please request this at the time of booking.
Do you have car parking available whilst we are on the trek?
There is car parking available at Department of Conservation Office in Murupara, along with toilets for public use. If you are staying at our Bush camp there is parking available there too. We will endeavour to keep your car safe but cannot take responsibility for it in the event of damage, theft, fire, or other similar occurrence. We recommend you insure to cover any such eventuality.
Can I leave belongings with you whilst we are on the trek?
You can leave belongings with us that you don't want to carry on the trek. We will endeavour to look after these but can not take responsibility for them in the event of damage, theft, fire, or other similar occurrence. We recommend you insure to cover any such eventuality.
What gear do we have to carry?
Day treks : you only need to carry a small day pack with your water bottle, any excess clothing and personal items (camera, sunscreen, etc). The guides carry all the food and snacks.
3-day treks: You will need to carry an overnight pack with your water bottle, change of clothing, small towel, personal items (wash things, camera, sunscreen, etc), your lunch & snacks. All camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, etc) is supplied at the camps so you don't need to carry any of this.
What payment methods can I use?
We accept Visa or Mastercard, or New Zealand cash, cheques and online bank transfers.
Can you cater for special dietary requirements?
In most cases we are able to cater for special dietary requirements as long as you let us know at the time of booking.
If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to e-mail us.