Terms & conditions for TeUrewera Treks experiences:
Currency: All prices are in NZ dollars and include GST
Deposit and payment terms: By mutual agreement.
Taylor made or custom experiences for individuals or groups:Upon request
Self-catered option at our Bush Camp: We can provide food and everything you will need to enjoy your stay. Our Bush Camp is on private property and you will have free range of the Camp, and the surrounding area to explore (some basic rules apply for safety).
Tent accommodation: For accommodation of more than 4 people we also have comfortable tents with camp beds, sleeping bags & liners, towels. This will provide a real bush camping experience & particularly good for families. Please advise upon booking which type of accommodation is desired.
Cancellations and Other Terms:
- It is rare for us to cancel a trek due to weather (or for any other reasons), but in the unlikely event this happens, an alternative trip will be offered, or a full refund will be provided.
- A full refund less a $50 non-refundable deposit will be given if the trek is cancelled more than 21 days before departure. A 50% refund of the full trek price will be given if the trek is cancelled 7-21 days prior to departure. There is no refund for treks cancelled less than 7 days prior to departure
- For overnight experiences and trips of 2 days or more, if the client or their booking agent cancels a trip within 7 days of arrival day, loss of 100% of the total booking price. If cancellation is made within 30 days of arrival day, loss of 50% of the total booking price. If cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to arrival, full refund will be returned less a $50 admin fee.
- Any damage to our equipment, our accommodation or facility will be charged to the credit card that made the booking. In the case of bookings made via agents, ITO's, the agent or ITO will be invoiced for the damage or cleaning fee.
- Transfer of experiences or vouchers to others without our consent is not allowed and will not be honoured.
- The minimum numbers for treks and Bushcamp stays are for adults e.g. Min 2 = minimum 2 adults
- Te Urewera Treks assumes no responsibility for any personal loss, sickness, injury, damage or delay. We reserve the right to cancel or alter any trips and departure dates for any reason. To ensure clients are fully covered during their stay in New Zealand, and for their experience with TeUrewera Treks, we recommend that they take out travel insurance.
- Child rate is for children 14yrs and under. The minimum age for each Trek varies depending on the difficulty, so please note when booking. For younger children, parents may need to carry them at times. A fee is charged for 0 - 5yrs when requiring transport, a separate bed and for food.
- Anything that has an effect on participating fully in our Treks need to be noted with us before the trek happens, such as medical or health conditions, surgeries, allergies, dietary needs, etc. There is no cell phone reception in many of the areas we trek in, your safety and comfort is important and we need to be prepared. Some treks may not be suitable depending on your condition, we can usually find a good alternative that ensures you enjoy yourself and we are all safe. A trek could be cancelled without a refund if this type of information is not revealed and causes a problem to the trek or to others on the trek.
- Pricing is based on a minimum of 2 people for all experiences, Lake Waikaremoana minimum is 4 people.
- A 10% discount applies for groups of 8 or more booked on the same experience.
We accept payment by both Visa, Mastercard and internet banking, a small fee will be charged to credit cards and also to any international banking transfers. The price advertised might not be the same price charged to the credit card account due to exchange rate fluctuations. This means that because we are based in New Zealand we have to convert your purchase to New Zealand dollars at the exchange rate on the day it is processed.